Looking closely at B2B SEO statistics can help business owners and managers get a better understanding of where to spend their limited marketing time, energy, and financial resources.
We’ll address common questions surrounding SEO for B2B companies as well as share some of our favorite and, we think, most useful B2B SEO statistics to help set you up for a successful and profitable 2023.
Is SEO effective for B2B?
If you think that search engine optimization is only useful for companies that sell consumer goods and services, you’re missing out on a large segment of the market.
More than two-thirds or at least 68% of business purchasing decisions begin with an online search. That means you need good SEO so that your website, blog, and/or social media pages are accessible from the first page of search engine results.
Most B2B buyers, specifically 75% of them won’t venture any further than that first page to find a company that offers the product or service they are seeking.
Being the first listing on the first page is even better. That entry gets an average of 32 percent of all clicks.
What percentage of businesses are B2B?
Contrary to what you might think by looking at the overwhelming amount of consumer advertising, the global B2B market is much larger than the consumer market.
The global B2B eCommerce market was valued at $17.9 trillion in 2021, according to research by Statista.
That is more than five times the value of the global B2C market.
What percentage of B2B leads come from LinkedIn?
The social media networking platform remains a good place to garner quality leads for your B2B business.
According to Octopost, Linkedin drives almost 80% of all B2B leads.
A similar study by Hubspot found that B2B leads gathered from LinkedIn had almost three times the conversion rate of leads obtained from Facebook and Twitter.
10 B2B SEO Statistics you Need for your business to thrive in 2023
1. The average B2B buyer consumes 3-7 pieces of content before speaking to a salesperson.
2. According to research by DataBox, 81.2 percent of B2B marketing professionals and business owners surveyed said that SEO provided better quality leads than pay per-click-marketing (PPC).
3. According to one recent study, 57 percent of B2B respondents cited the lack of a dedicated SEO manager as their biggest obstacle to successful content marketing. That same number of respondents said that getting better at SEO was a primary goal for 2023.
4. Make sure that your marketing pages are optimized for mobile devices. 52.2 percent of all website traffic came from mobile devices in 2022, and that number is expected to grow.
5. And, don’t think that B2B buyers act differently from consumers when it comes to using mobile devices for purchases and purchasing research. Mobile interactions drive over 40 percent of revenue for B2B brands. Need another incentive to update your website to be more mobile-friendly? According to BCG, mobile accessibility can accelerate the time to purchase by about 20 percent.
6. Content is king isn’t an anachronism. According to a study by CMO Council, 87 percent of B2B buyers report that online content has a “major or moderate impact” on the vendor they select for purchase.
7. You’re not alone if you’re missing some critical SEO elements. More than 90 percent of B2B content lacks backlinks, something that’s essential to good SEO results. Do you even know if your content has backlinks? Nearly 50 percent of B2B marketing professionals and managers said that link building was the most difficult part of SEO.
8. Do you have a formal content marketing strategy? According to a study by the Content Marketing Institute, 69 percent of successful content marketers say they have a documented content strategy.
9. Understanding and making good use of your branded content can be very beneficial. According to Demand Metric, 82 percent of people feel positive about a brand after reading the branded company’s content.
10. Are you using videos in your content marketing? Seventy percent of B2B buyers report watching videos throughout their sales journey.
Using SEO to get the best SEO results for your B2B business
We understand that good SEO practices can be confusing, not to mention that they are ever-changing.
Effective content marketing means more than just writing quality articles, although that’s a good part of it.
To maximize your return with your content marketing, you need a content partner who is up-to-date on best SEO practices and who can deliver you content that’s not only well-written but well-optimized also.
WriterAccess has a stable of more than 15,000 writers and editors with expertise in a huge range of subjects.
In addition, you can partner with one of the platform’s content managers to make sure that all of your posts are well-optimized and support your brand.
We stay current on all of the latest SEO best practices, so you don’t have you, leaving you precious time to spend with your customers.
We believe our track record speaks for itself.
To date, we have produced more than two million projects for customers with a nearly perfect (99.97%) success rate.
If you’ve ever considered using a content company to help with your content marketing goals, we invite you to give us a try. We make it easy and affordable with our two-week trial period. Visit WriterAccess today to get started.