Some say that marketing is too much fluff.
Some say it’s all buzzwords and hype.
We beg to differ!
Need some convincing? Get ready to scroll because we’ve got stats. Lots and lots of stats. No jargon, no fluff (unless it’s the marshmallow kind sandwiched between soft bread with some peanut butter – then we’re talking).
(Takes deep breath) Here we go!
- A whopping 93% of B2B organizations rely on content marketing for brand building and demand generation. (Content Marketing Institute)
- Out of all organizations leveraging content marketing programs, 48% say their efforts are resulting in engagement with customers and prospective clients, and 41% are seeing an increase in brand awareness. (MarketingLand)
- Content marketing costs 62% less than traditional marketing and generates about 3 times as many leads. (DemandMetric)
- Year-over-year growth in unique site traffic is 7.8x higher for content marketing leaders compared to followers (19.7% vs 2.5%). (Aberdeen Group)
- Website conversion rate is nearly 6x higher for content marketing adopters than non-adopters (2.9% vs 0.5%). (Aberdeen Group)
- The top 5 content marketing goals in 2014 are brand awareness, lead generation, customer acquisition, thought leadership, and engagement. (CMI)
- 27,000,000 pieces of content are shared each day. (AOL)
- B2B marketers use an average of 13 content marketing tactics (CMI & MarketingProfs)
- Interesting content is a top 3 reason people follow brands on social media. (Content+)
- 60% are more likely to be on the lookout for products when looking at content marketing. (The CMA)
- $135 billion will be spent on new digital marketing collateral (content) in 2014 (Jeff Bullas)
- Brands who use infographics grow in traffic an average of 12% more than those that don’t (NeoMam Studios)
- 80% of B2B content marketing assets are gated (require registration to access). (Jeff Zabin, Starfleet Media)
- 81% of marketers cite the ability to create compelling content as one of the biggest challenges of content marketing. (Jeff Zabin, Starfleet Media)
- Over the next 12 months, content marketing will be the top area for marketing investment. (Demand Metric)
- 80 percent of the most successful content marketers claim that lead generation is a goal. (CMI and MarketingProfs)
- Content marketing produces three times more leads per each dollar spent. (Kapost)
- 60% of marketers create at least one piece of content each week. (Argosy)
- 54% of marketers are prioritizing content marketing hiring over any other type of marketing. (Kapost)
- Content creation ranked as the single most effective SEO tactic by 53%.(Cursive)
Ninety-two percent of marketers are now using content marketing. (CMI)
52% of marketers who say 25% or more of their marketing staff have a primary role in content marketing rate as consistent or optimized how their content marketing is tied to specific business goals, such as customer acquisition, retention and revenue growth. (Forrester)
Marketers now spend 20 to 50 percent of their budgets on content creation — and 25 percent plan to spend even more in 2015. (Starfleet Media)
Four out of five marketers gate a majority of their content because, the rationale goes, if buyers wants it, they must be leads. (Starfleet Media)
Companies with a website-content strategy designed around their audience’s preferences are nearly twice as likely to convert as those without. (Aberdeen Group)
Research suggests that publishers who use infographics grow in traffic 12 percent more than those who don’t. (CustomerMagnetism.com)
Best-in-Class content marketers plan to increase content marketing related program spend by an average of 22% over the next 12 months (Aberdeen Group)
In the last 12 months, Best-in-Class companies increased content marketing-based leads by 18% (Aberdeen Group)
51% of companies report that leads from content marketing are of higher quality (Aberdeen Group)
75% to 80% of companies have an active content marketing initiative. (Aberdeen Group)
And that’s a wrap…for now at least. Since we can’t help but geek out about content marketing metrics, we may just have to share more.
Now that you’ve come up for air, you’ve got the information. You know what you have to do. It’s time to take a look and explore for yourself our interactive guide to Cutting Through the Clutter by Activating your Content and be inspired for how you can be a leader in content marketing!