In the era of texting, instant messaging and grumpy cat memes, proper grammar and spelling seem to have taken a backseat to the need to communicate with finger-busting speed.
But while ignoring spelling and grammar rules when texting your friends may be OK (honestly, though: it isn’t), once those pesky errors find their way into emails, articles and cover letters, they may cost you a good grade in school, not to mention a job.
We hope the 12 infographics below, all of which focus on either grammar or spelling rules or common mistakes, will be both useful and a fun way to brush up on those skills.
1. Let’s get started with some Basic Grammar Rules
2. 15 Grammar Goofs That Make You Look Silly
3. The Most Annoying Writing Mistakes
4. 10 Hyphenation Tips
5. Quotation Marks and Punctuation
6. Common Rules for Capital Letter Usage
7. 12 Most Misunderstood Words in English
8. Words You Might Misuse
9. Verbs and Their Prepositions
10. 14 Mistakes With Prepositions
12. Finally, one for fun: Eight Totally Necessary New Punctuation Marks
Now that you’ve refreshed your grammar rules it’s time to get writing that ebook! Need some inspiration? Check out our guide on How to Create Compelling Ebooks.