Social media tools are essential for a smart business to manage important channels in their Digital Marketing routine. Automation is fundamental in this work, making these tools a must.
These channels are a direct connection between brand and audience. It is possible to raise interest in products, generate interaction, and even work on customer service.
In this day-to-day task, a social media manager has a million balls to juggle at once, so using that direct line of communication effectively can be a major achievement.
The good news is that as social media has grown up, so have the tools available to help you master it.
Here are 24 of our favorite social media tools for saving time, getting better results, and making the most of every single social interaction.
Keep reading and find out!
Hootsuite allows you to manage multiple social content streams from Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram. It is one of the most famous social media tools in the market.
Working across multiple networks with a social team can be difficult, and Hootsuite makes it possible for you and your team.
It will be easier to delegate among replies to fans and followers, eliminating the stress of coordinating answers and potentially neglecting valued fans.
In the past, one of the biggest frustrations with Hootsuite was how it handled social media images. The good news is this issue is now fixed on Twitter so that scheduled posts will show up to four images directly in the feed.
- Free: up to 3 social profiles, 30 scheduled messages, and 1 user;
- Professional: $19/month. 10 social profiles, unlimited scheduling, and 1 user;
- Team: $99/month. 20 social profiles, unlimited scheduling and 3 users;
- Enterprise (custom pricing): unlimited.
Posting most updates or sharing a piece of content once just doesn’t cut it these days, which is why MeetEdgar recycles social content for you.
Meet Edgar will schedule and automate re-posts of your content for you, helping get your posts in front of a larger percentage of people. The tool works by enabling you to build a library of social media updates organized into a publishing queue.
Posts can be tagged and separated into different categories to ensure that different content types are evenly spread out in your queue.
- Edgar Lite: $19/mo: connect 3 social accounts, unlimited manually scheduled posts, 10 automatically recurring weekly time slots and 4 content categories (first month for free);
- Edgar: $49/mo: connect 25 social accounts, unlimited manually scheduled posts, 1000 automatically recurring weekly time slots, and unlimited content categories (first month for free).
3. Sprout Social
Like many of the other social media tools on this list, Sprout Social allows you to schedule updates to your social media accounts.
However, there are a couple of unique features that set Sprout Social apart.
In addition to monitoring and managing multiple social networks, SproutSocial’s clean interface also delivers deeper analytics.
For example, the platform gives you calculated engagement and influence scores, and if you’re using social media for customer support, it also measures your response time.
You can even turn your messages into action items to create workflows or reminders around your social activity. This way, you can connect the points of conversations that happen online to real business.
Another perk is discovering new people to connect with and systematically remove bad connections, using the discovery tools.
- Standard: $99 per user/mo: manage up to 5 profiles, all-in-one social boxes, social content calendar, review management, asking and social CRM tools, plus other features;
- Professional: $149 per user/mo: 10 social profiles, everything in plus scheduling for optimal send times, custom workflows for multiple approvers and steps, response rate and time analysis reports, plus other features;
- Advanced: $249 per user/mo: everything in professional plus Message Spike Alerts for increased message activity, digital asset, and content library, chatbots with automation tools, plus other features.
Still, its strength lies in the inbox-like interface it uses to help you manage conversations on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
You can create filters to tag, flag, hide, or make assignments regarding content and followers.
This can be useful to segment (by customers vs. non-customers, for example), and make it easier to find existing conversations so you can build real relationships.
The app also includes a badging system that makes it easier to alert you when an influencer or advocate has posted, as well as clear analytics.
- Medium: $79/month: 2 users, 10 social profiles, plus advanced reporting and user profiling;
- Large: $159/month: 4 users, 25 social profiles, plus other advanced features;
- X-Large: $239/month: 8 users, 40 social profiles, plus other advanced features;
- Enterprise: $399/month: 20 users, 60 social profiles, plus other advanced features.
Buffer is a simple and effective tool for sharing content through Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
It’s particularly useful for small businesses that don’t have the time or resources to update their social media channels regularly but would still like to maintain a social presence.
With Buffer, you can schedule bulk posts ahead of time in a queue. It also offers many extensions through Chrome, Firefox, and Safari that make sharing what you find on the web much easier.
Buffer also includes an image editor that allows users to created perfect sizes and formats for each social platform.
- Pro: $15/mo: 8 social accounts, 100 scheduled posts and 1 user (free 14-day trial);
- Premium: $65/mo: 8 social accounts, 2.000 scheduled posts and 2 users (free 14-day trial);
- Business: $99/mo: 25 social accounts, 2.000 scheduled posts, and 6 users (free 14-day trial).
Audiense provides insights into your analytics, suggestions for targeting and engagement, and helps keep tabs on your key influencers and competitors.
Listening and insights tools provide intelligence into the quality of a social audience, crossover between different communities, and combines content with relationship analysis. It’s social marketing tools provide the ability to segment audiences for campaigns.
- Free: limited version of Twitter Marketing and Audience Insights;
- Twitter Marketing: $79/mo: boost your performance on Twitter;
- Audience Insights: $696/mo: audience segmentation and profiling reports with social data.
Tailwind tracks activity across Pinterest about your company, products, and competitors.
Pinterest is often overlooked when discussing social media management tools, but depending on your business, it might be the driving force in traffic, branding, and revenue.
In addition to the general reporting of growth and engagement, you can connect Google Analytics to track conversions and see which activity is most profitable.
- Pinterest Plus: $9,99 per account/mo: 1 Pinterest profile, unlimited scheduling, 250 free SmartLoop Posts, 5 free Tailwind Tribes, plus other features;
- Instagram Plus: $9,99 per account/mo: 1 Instagram profile, unlimited scheduling, 1-click hashtag suggestions, smart.bio custom link.
BuzzSumo is a tool that gives you social data on top-performing content and influencers based on your search queries.
By entering a topic, domain, or specific keyword, your results will be nothing short of relevant.
Filtering your search by time frame will show you the most shared content over time, which can give you an insight into trends or help with generating ideas for your own content creation!
With this tool, you can view who has shared a specific piece of content and create a list of influencers based on your interest.
The pro plans allow you to closely monitor keywords, domains, or authors by setting up alerts when new content is published.
With great data readily available, this tool is one you’ll want to use frequently to stay on top of the latest buzz in your field.
- Pro: $99/mo: 100 monthly searches, 1 year of data, 3 users, 2 alerts, 10 exports plus other features;
- Plus: $179/mo: 200 monthly searches, 2 year of data, 5 users, 5 alerts, 25 exports plus other features;
- Large: $299/mo: 500 monthly searches, 3 year of data, 10 users, 15 alerts, 100 exports plus other features;
- Enterprise: $499+mo: custom plans.
Oktopost focuses on building your brand’s online presence by delivering your content to targeted audiences. It helps you establish and manage your most valuable content, making sure your efforts add value to your marketing strategy.
Used by B2B businesses, Oktopost places emphasis on tracking conversions and identifying which channels and messaging drive results.
Underscoring their focus on B2B engagement, Oktopost integrates with Marketo, Salesforce, Act-On, and others, directly linking social media actions to the impact on sales.
One thing that places Oktopost above other tools is its ability to monitor LinkedIn Groups as well as company pages. As a whole package, Oktopost qualifies and quantifies better leads for you and your business.
Pricing: custom pricing based on needs/function.
An oldie, but a goodie. TweetDeck is a dashboard application that makes managing Twitter a whole lot easier.
The browser-based tool provides a streamlined, simple way to watch and monitor custom segments and lists. It also provides more upfront visibility into mentions, messages, and other Twitter components.
11. Social Flow
It’s a smart tool that makes recommendations on which updates (across Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn) should be promoted based on engagement stats and other data sets.
It provides advanced targeting for social ads to help drive higher conversions, and it also has its very own ad builder to make creating ads quick and painless.
Pricing: custom pricing based on needs/function.
Everypost has a to-the-point interface that makes social workflows so simple. It supports Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Tumblr.
It has features that let you curate visual content, schedule customized posts, collaborate with team members, and analyze performance.
- Pro: $9,99/month: includes 10 channels, 1 team member and analytics for two profiles (free 14-day trial);
- Plus: $29.99/month: includes 25 connected channels, 5 team members and 6 analytics profiles (free 14-day trial);
- Advanced: $49.99/month: includes 50 connected channels, 10 team members and 12 analytics profiles (free 14-day trial);
- Teams: $99.99/month: includes 120 connected profiles, 25 team members, and 15 analytics profiles (free 14-day trial).
Socedo is a social demand generation tool that helps you find qualified leads on Twitter and LinkedIn and add them to your sales funnel.
Socedo automatically sources leads based on your targeted buyer persona and real-time social behaviors (the information they share about themselves, their interests, and problems).
It integrates with Salesforce and Marketo, making the transition from social lead to sales funnel a smooth one.
Pricing: custom pricing based on needs/function.
IFTTT stands for “If this then that”, and it allows you to set up automated rules like “If I change my Facebook profile picture, change my Twitter profile to the same picture.”
This tool can also automate sharing new blog posts to social, tweet Instagram posts as native Twitter photos, share Instagram posts to a Facebook page, and much more.
IFTTT can be a huge time saver if set up properly. You can see a list of social applets here.
Shortening links is a constant need in everyday marketing. Not many social media tools like Rebrandly can provide such simple and exciting features.
The tool is a link shortener focused on customization. With it, it is possible to insert your brand in links, generating friendly URLs and easy association with your company.
Qualified links, where brands can be identified, have a much more significant impact on the public. They are more readable and generate more engagement, which increases traffic.
There is also a natural increase in click-through rates, which can mean higher public interest.
So many interesting advantages linked to one simple detail: more readable and attractive links.
- Free: 5.000 clicks tracked per month, 500 total branded links and 5 custom domain names;
- Starter: $ 29/month: includes 25.000 clicks tracked per month (then $1/mo. each 1.000), 5.000 total branded links (then $3/mo. each 1.000) and 5 (Then $5/mo each) custom domain names;
- Pro: $ 69/month: includes 150.000 clicks tracked per month (then $1/mo. each 1.000), 15.000 total branded links (then $3/mo. each 1.000) and 5 (Then $5/mo each) custom domain names;
- Premium: $ 499/month: includes 1.500.000 clicks tracked per month (then $1/mo. each 2.000), 150.000 total branded links (then $2/mo. each 1.000) and 20 (Then $5/mo each) custom domain names.
16. Google Trends
Google Trends is a valuable tool to search for topics and trends. Online strategies need to find what the audience has been talking about and taking an interest in.
As one of the indispensable social media tools, Google Trends allows you to track several topics, especially related to the business segment.
The tool can be an important support for some needs such as:
- finding topics for Content Marketing;
- finding topics to explore in social media channels;
- discovering the public’s perception of specific subjects.
Google Trends also works as a keyword tracking tool. It is possible to identify trends and the volume of searches during a specific time.
In general, this tool is essential since it can support different campaigns and actions. Every strategy must rely on it.
Canva is a social media tool focused on layout design and presentations. It is possible to create thousands of templates without being an expert or having technical knowledge.
This ease of use and wide range of graphic possibilities are the main attraction in Canva. It fits perfectly into dynamic routines, without leaving teams too busy.
Canva helps to prepare quick templates that can be used by anyone. This way, designers don’t get overworked and can focus on more complex creations.
Using Canva, you can find images, icons, ready-made templates, or create everything from scratch. Today, Canva is one of the most common options in the marketing segment.
- Free: 8.000 templates, 100+ design types and hundreds of free graphics and photos;
- Pro: $9,95 : includes everything from free plan plus 1 brand kit for visual identity creation, one-click design resize, 60.000+ free templates, 60+ million stock images, photos, videos, and graphics.
Kicksta is a tool for organic growth on Instagram.
Forget automation software that gets robot followers or has nothing to do with your audience. The role of Kicksta is to help build a qualified audience that can engage.
To do this, Kicksta likes about 30,000 Instagram users photos per month, always considering their profile. It’s this filtering that ensures work directed at your brand’s strategy.
By always focusing on real people, Kicksta can provide solid and long-term growth. This consistency is converted into engagement because they are followers of your brand’s profile.
With Kicksta, any strategy that would be done manually can be automated. No robots, no phantom accounts, or users that don’t fit your audience.
- Standard: $49: includes moderate growth speed, video onboarding, and 10 targets;
- Premium: $99: includes maximum growth speed, video onboarding, 40 targets, VIP and live chat e-mail support, advanced retargeting, blacklist.
The idea is to create a calendar to automatize publications and actions for a certain time. It is possible to get everything ready, for example, for next week.
With a simple operation, Later allows you to create plans and monitor all the work done previously. Thus, it is possible to choose the hours with the highest range for posts, for example.
Later is a tool focused on the visual arrangement of qualified elements.
This feature makes the operation much easier, bringing more dynamics and faster understanding for marketers.
- Free: 1 profile per social platform and 30 posts each;
- Plus: $7,50/mo includes 1 profile per social platform and 100 posts each;
- Premium: $16/mo includes 2 profiles per social platform and 250 posts each;
- Starter: $24/mo includes 3 profiles per social platform and unlimited posts;
- Brand: $41/mo includes 5 profiles per social platform and unlimited posts.
Nuvi is a tool for tracking impressions on social media. It provides a detailed and easy visualization of the interactions and data generated in these channels.
Chosen among the main social media tools of giants such as Uber and Nissan, Nuvi enables a clearer insight of metrics.
It allows users to translate feelings, intentions, and levels of interactions from the public regarding the content published on social media platforms.
From the perceptions Nuvi brings, marketers can create more accurate campaigns that reach their audience more quickly.
It is also possible to propose more attractive interactions capable of engaging in highly strategic work.
Pricing: custom pricing based on needs/function.
Therefore, the Klear platform is one of the most interesting social media tools that you can have.
With this software, you can find influencers for your brand, considering those who communicate with your niche market and can act as true ambassadors.
With advanced search filters, Klear allows you to do a refined, strategic, and accurate search. Thus, the tool finds only relevant profiles for your brand.
Klear also brings data analysis on each of these influencers. These metrics help you get a perspective of what results can be achieved in a potential strategy that includes them.
Pricing: free plans, with premium options starting at $249/mo.
Knowing what the public is saying about your brand and their campaigns on the web is a must. Measuring this opinion is the main possibility that Keyhole achieves.
The platform has advanced options to measure a broad view on specific topics such as campaigns, postings, and other content. It is an accurate thermometer about everything that is delivered to the public on social media channels.
Keyhole also works very well to measure Influencer Marketing campaigns. In general, it is an engagement monitoring tool, allowing you to structure more accurate actions continuously.
- suite with social listening and account analytics: $59/mo;
- social listening and campaign tracking: $49/mo;
- social media account analytics: $49/mo.
Feedly is a social media tool designed to organize your feed. It is designed to bring organization and, mainly, prioritization. Highlight just what interests your strategy.
Using Feedly, it is possible to create feeds of influencers, blogs of interest, news of relevant topics, among other options. This tool helps you to track, filtering what is strategically relevant only.
Feedly is one of the most important social media tools for content creation. This because the platform helps to follow topics of interest and the volume in which they appear on the web.
Thus, it is easier to identify trends that can be explored by your brand.
- Pro: $6/mo: includes 100 content sources, notes, and highlights, filtering and research, integration with several tools, hide sponsored ads;
- Pro+: $8.25/mo: includes everything in Pro plus 2.500 content sources, Google News feed, follow Twitter, Reddit and newsletter feeds;
- Business: $18/mo: includes everything in Pro+ plus 5.000 content sources, team feeds and boards, notes and highlights, and Slack and Microsoft Teams.
KISSmetrics is a tool for website analysis. The purpose of this monitoring is simple: to identify what is most engaging.
The platform analyses websites and, in 10 minutes, delivers complete reports. The data available points to links, menus, banners, and other items that receive the most clicks.
To do this, KISSmetrics creates heat maps on website pages, pointing to areas that generate the most interest. Based on these metrics, it is possible to carry out A/B tests, generate reports, and optimize pages based on accurate and valuable information.
Pricing: custom pricing based on needs/function.
Social media tools are essential for a routine Digital Marketing strategy. The development of automation and monitoring technologies has allowed new advanced solutions to emerge every day. They can be highly valuable for marketers!