Does your company’s website or blog work the way you want, or are there many points for improvement? Paying attention to this is very important for your branding to be well built.
Your website hosting is one of the factors that directly influence the brand image. After all, it has a strong impact on the smooth running of your “home” on the Internet.
As you know, there are several types of hosting. But how to know which is the right one for your company? It depends on your type of business and what goals you set when hiring this service.
To help you in this important choice, we will treat the following topics:
- What is managed hosting?
- Managed hosting X unmanaged Hosting: which one is best?
- Which impacts does managed hosting have on your business?
- What are the 6 best managed hosting options on the market?
Enjoy your reading!
What is managed hosting?
First of all, you need to understand what hosting is. This term refers to an online system that allows people or companies to “save” information such as videos, images, or anything else you can access on the internet.
It is what ensures your current or prospective customers access your website.
Hosting providers are companies that offer you a slot on their servers and allow customers to access their content online.
Managed hosting means that the company in which your site will be hosted will be responsible for managing and maintaining the server.
In this service, there are two types of management:
- active – When the service provider solves any problem before your request, that is, their action is proactive;
- passive – When you need to request adjustments to the service provider.
Managed hosting X unmanaged hosting: which one is best?
In an unmanaged hosting service is the provider’s responsibility to set up hardware, install an operating system, and keep the system and network working.
What will be your responsibility in the middle of all this? Install what you need and set up the whole site so that it starts working properly. To do this, you will need to install applications, additional software, firewalls, and run backups.
How to know which is the best option for your company? To answer this question, we will analyze, in a clear way, the characteristics of each hosting.
In this type of service, you will have to:
- count on a specialized team experienced in server management because your company will do all the software and hardware administration;
- worry about security issues;
- update software so that everything works well;
- access everything on the server, including hardware.
Because of this, unmanaged hosting is recommended for those who know very well how a system works and need to have different settings than those offered by servers.
With managed hosting:
- you won’t have to do the software and hardware maintenance since this is a service provider’s responsibility;
- security issues are handled with the service provider. Most of them even offer the free SSL certificate included in some packages;
- your efforts can be focused on your business strategy, such as your Digital Marketing campaigns and increasing traffic to your website.
Thus, managed hosting is suitable for those who are not experts in the subject and wants to have time to focus on business growth.
Which impacts does managed hosting have on your business?
So far, you have seen what a managed hosting is and how it is different from unmanaged hosting. So it’s time to get to know better what benefits this service offers to your business.
That’s why we have listed some of them.
Hiring an unmanaged server is a bit cheaper. This is because your company will only be working to offer the service without the commitment of putting a team to keep an eye on everything happening.
However, your cost with specialized staff for maintaining your web pages will be much higher. Therefore, hiring a managed server results in cost reduction for your company.
Support at any time
Managed hosting companies keep monitoring every aspect of your site. They also offer 24-hour support.
They have a well-trained and reliable team to solve problems that may arise and eliminate failures before they happen. Access to the support is usually through the company’s online chat, email or even by phone.
Your hosting provider is responsible for backing up your information. This prevents you from losing important data overnight. If there is any failure in your page and important information disappears, contact support.
A qualified team is prepared to recover information and get everything back to normal quickly.
Many of them old, the most common security problems were solved from the moment that simple rules were created for managed hosting operations. So your site must be reliable and free of security holes.
As soon as you start monitoring your website, the company hired for managed hosting will be responsible for keeping everything updated.
By hiring a managed hosting service, you will be granted, at least by most vendors, a digital security certificate that makes your website more reliable.
What are the 6 best managed hosting options on the market?
After you decide to hire managed hosting you need to know which are the best options in the market. Only this way will you be able to establish a partnership with a company that meets your requirements.
To support this choice, we have selected the 6 best managed hosting options.
KingHost is a company that invests in current technologies that bring innovation. Therefore, it is pointed out as the best site hosting for those already advanced and more demanding with this type of service.
A few of the advantages available on this platform are:
- Varnish accelerator;
- plans that give your page 2, 3 or 4 times more processing power;
- security certificates like SSL Let’s Encrypt;
- unlimited webmail.
KingHost allows your site to count on the most innovative and modern technology in the market to achieve superior performance.
Hostinger offers fast and efficient hosting. The best of this is that you can hire plans and adapt them to the size of your project and budget.
When hiring Hostinger services, you will:
- get domain, the address of your website, for free;
- test the company’s services for 30 days with a guaranteed refund if you are not satisfied;
- get an easy and intuitive website creator.
Hostinger platform is perfect for those who do not know web design so that you can create a website yourself quickly.
Hostgator is one of the best hosting services in the world. It offers to its customers:
- great cost-benefit;
- free domain;
- free SSL certificate;
- no fines or loyalty;
- U.S. servers;
- supports shared hosting;
- WordPress structure;
- unlimited bandwidth;
- free email accounts.
4. WP Engine
WP Engine offers its clients a wide range of topics. They focus on delivering solutions that aim:
- high performance;
These features are important for you to have functional and quality sites in a short time.
GoDaddy is the hosting company with the highest Uptime rate – activity time of a system – in the world. When hiring Godday’s services, you will rarely face service downtime.
That’s why hiring the company’s services is recommended for those with high traffic sites
Other advantages of working with the company are:
- free domain;
- intuitive dashboard to access information;
- easy to upgrade and add important features to your business;
- monitoring and quality assurance;
- unlimited bandwidth.
GoDaddy’s most advanced plans offer you more space, high processing power and memory and the possibility to have multiple sites.
6. Rock Stage
With Stage, users can achieve up to 35% improvement in website performance. This is essential to retain users and offer an outstanding navigation experience.
Rock Stage offers:
- HTML file compression for a faster loading;
- automatic CDN setup (your website distributed to 45 servers worldwide);
- professional cache for ultra-fast load times;
- web application firewall;
- attack protection;
- SSL certificate;
- automatic backups;
- dedicated WordPress support;
- friendly interface;
- Rock Convert, a conversion optimization plugin for free.
Investing in managed hosting brings many benefits to your business. Through this type of service, you will be able to count on quality support at any time and still be able to reduce your operational costs. Take advantage of the information in this post to make the right decision in your business!
Would you like to start using a managed hosting today to see the results for yourself? Test Stage right now and improve your website performance!